- The contest is open to all interested constituents of member institutions.
- The contestants must choose from the subthemes for the content of the spoken word poetry.
- Language to be used may be English (with Filipino subtitle) or Filipino (with English subtitle).
- Each contestant will prepare a minimum of 2 mins and a maximum of 3 mins recorded video inclusive of
- Opening billboard which contains the name of the contestant name of the institution, the title of the entry and the title of the contest.
- Recorded performance
- End credits/acknowledgment
- Video file submission must be in MP4 format, preferably saved in high resolution. File submitted must be in the following format: SWP_< institution >_< Surname-of-contestant >
- Upon submission, all contestants automatically give consent to the MMHRDC to feature or publish their entries.
- Recorded materials must be free from copyright infringement.
- Top ten finalists will be selected from the pool of entries and will be invited to attend the awarding ceremonies.
- Top three (3) Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place) will be announced on the second day (September 25, 2021, Saturday) of the conference.
- Deadline of submission of entries is on July 30, 2021.
- As part of the criteria for judging, all entries shall be uploaded in the MHHRDC event’s webpage and will be open for ‘star rating’ and comments from the public.
- Relevance to the Theme 20%
- Creativity/Style and Originality 20%
- Coherence of Form and Structure 20% (harmony of words, presentation)
- Delivery (enunciation/articulation) 20%
- Clarity of Imagery and Language 10% (audio and video quality)
- Audience Impact (based on audience poll from Aug.1 -15, 2021 ) 10 %
- TOTAL 100%
HOW TO JOIN!
Contest participants must submit online at the official website of MMHRDC and fill out the MMHRDC Spoken Word Competition google form.
Official institution coordinators must submit a list of participant/s to MMHRDC@tua.edu.ph with the following information:
- NAME OF AUTHORIZED OFFICIAL:
- NAME OF INSTITUTION:
- NAME OF PARTICIPANT/S:
- NAME OF CONTEST:
- DATE SUBMITTED:
- EMAIL ADDRESS: (PARTICIPANT)
Every entry will receive a confirmation or reply from this office.
The winners’ prizes shall be as follows:
- First Prize
- Second Prize
- Third Prize
- People’s Choice: 500.00 (load)
Upon submission of the results to the committee, judges’ decision shall be considered final, executory, and irrevocable. Winners will be informed accordingly and will be posted in TUA/MMHRDC Facebook / websites
For inquiries and clarifications, please email
Dr. Teresita K. Capacete
Creative Competitions Committee Chair